Best Electric Kitchen Composters
Traditional composting can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 12 months. Why wait that long when an electric kitchen composter can turn your food scraps into soil in just a few hours? Technology is so amazing that we no longer have to rely on food to turn to compost through compost piles, tumblers, or worm bins.
There is a new electric kitchen composter that is getting great reviews. The new SUS304 Kitchen Composter is trendy, actually works well, and is made by the company TOGO, the brand that brought us compostable phone cases!
- Takes 21-24 hours
- Processes 5-6kgs at a time
- Accepts all food including meat, fish, eggs, dairy, and bones
- 1-year warranty
TOGO’s Food Cycler TG-CC-5, not only is the most budget-friendly, it’s the fastest, and also processes meats, dairy, and bones. It is energy efficient, using less energy than a microwave while also fitting comfortably in your kitchen.
How Does An Electric Composter Work?
An electric composter usually has the following parts components:
- Hopper – a holding area for added wastes before sent to champers below
- Motorized mixing wand – turns mixture continuously
- Heater – Accelerates the speed of the composting as well as acting like a dehydrator
- Carbon filter – absorbs odors from waste
Food waste is dropped into the machine and then moved to an internal chamber where it is heated, mixed, and aerated. The finished products are ready to use as fertilizer.